Newborn Cocoon







A pregnant friend of mine saw a picture of a baby cocoon and asked if I could make her one, so here is my interpretation. I didn't have a baby to test it on so I'm not 100% sure about the size, but if the average newborn is 20 inches long it should be okay.

Newborn Cocoon

Yarn: 1 skein Lion Brand Homespun (I used "Barley")(Or you could use any similar chunky weight boucle)
Hook: K
Dimensions: Circumference = 26 in, length 15 in

Instructions:
Ch 4
rd 1: 11 dc in 4th ch from hook, join with slst in top of ch 4 (12dc)

rd 2: ch 3 (counts as dc now and throughout), 2 dc in each st around , join(24dc)

rd 3: ch 3, 1 dc in same st as joining, *dc in next st, 2 dc in next st, rep from* until end, join (36dc)

rd 4: ch 3, 1 dc in same st as joining, *dc in next 2 sts, 2 dc in next st, rep from* until end, join (48dc)

rd 5: ch 3, 1 dc in same st as joining, *dc in next 3 sts, 2 dc in next st, rep from* until end, join (60dc)

rds 6-21: ch 3, dc in each dc around, join.

rd 22: work 1 round reverse sc, finish.

Hide any ends.

Comments

  1. I just made this, it worked up quick. But looks short for a newborn to fit is we shall see. Thanks for psoting this pattern...

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks great, can't wait to give it a go :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for sharing this pattern, I am so above the clouds for the gift a my first newborn grand daughter in march and hope to do all I can for my son and daughter in-law without being a pest.
    I however appreciate you and your patterns, I know the time it takes to have a blog and share all you have with others as it does require a good heart for the time and patience.
    Please know if you are ever in need of anything I am always for giving and soon hope to have my blog up and running again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do you have a matching hat for this?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this pattern I just made my bestie one for her newborn and made a sock monkey hat to match! AWESOME! Thank you.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment